Refresh.

Distance will tell you the real meaning of closeness. Surprisingly enough this was a post of a meme page that struck a cord and made me write this one. Well those were my exact thoughts at 1.57 am when I was endlessly scrolling my Instagram. I had just finished reading yet another blog for CAT preparation and come to think of it I guess I've spend more time reading these blogs than actually implementing what I read. Life right now is actually going pretty well to be writing. Given that I only write when I am facing and emotional turmoil or a nervous breakdown. I am quite sorted with my prep though it might not be as much as those blogs recommended I feel that I am in a comfortable position. I have started reading novels again. Chetan Bhagat. I hope that still counts as reading. I've been watching an ceaseless array of movies of every possible genre. And also I've been reading business related articles which I find really intriguing. I've been meaning to add some more things to my reading list and will do that hopefully in the coming week. But these are the things that I've always been pretty comfortable around. The real change still remains to maintain the balanced emotional quotient. For quite some time now I've felt that the more detached you are from people the lesser are the chances of getting hurt by them. But then you crave that intimacy at some point. When you have something great to celebrate or a shoulder to cry on or to blow off steam so you don't get anxious again. If you are maintaining a distance you can't just abuse it when you like. Being detached also means that you'd have to go through all of the above stuff on your own. But let me tell you something, however sad it might seem it is really empowering to not feel that need for someone to be there for you 24*7. That does not mean that I have given up on humanity altogether. Instead, I have taken time from way-too-involved friendship and devoted it to some which might actually have a chance to be great someday. I have reconnected with a couple of school friends who seem to be genuinely interested to listen to what I have to say rather than brag about that personal lives all day long. Plus it's so refreshing to have a change of topic in conversations. To learn something new other than stupid nonsensical gossip. At the end if the day what matters is who you wanna talk to and who wants to listen to you talk. Rather than just waiting for their turn to speak. Cheers!


Aditi 💫 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Respect > Love

Somethings Are Best Unsaid